Thursday, April 22, 2010

Collision Detection

Over the last few days I worked on collision detection between the player and the walls. I wanted to use a different kind of code from the one used in the arenaGame but after a little bit of experimenting, I found I couldn't create a better way of collision detection and movement; therefore I fell back to the original code. Next, Im trying to make sure that when a bomb is dropped, it's placed right next to a box, not in between two or whatever. Now that i think about it, it should probably be the same thing for the player.

1 comment:

  1. That's good thinking, Graham. I think there is something to be said for tabling the wall-collision aspect of the game for now, so that you can get something that works and lets you explore the other issues of the game.
    Perhaps, as you let the collision idea and issues percolate, you will come up with a new strategy to pursue!

    ReplyDelete